July 20, 2010

Word of the Day: Surrender

There a two reasons that I have chosen this word as the Word of the Day!

First as I prayed this morning I remembered how annoyed I would get Amanda, my step daughter, when was leaving with us. I would get annoyed that she didn't do the chores that were assigned to her. I would get so annoyed because I could not do everything and I felt like that she and everyone else in the house excepted this from me. Instead of SURRENDERing I gave up. Giving up and SURRENDERing are totally different. I think I have been in the "give up" mode for almost a year. When I think of SURRENDER I think of the "Serenity Pray:"

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

I never did SURRENDER when she was here I let her push those buttons and just plain gave up. I have been fighting to get that back ever since March. I really need to work harder on the SURRENDER and my Plan of Life.

The second reason I choose SURRENDER as the word of the day is because yesterday when my midwife was here we were talking about when this baby will come. Those of you who know me well know my last two babies came two weeks late!!! I am planning the same for this baby which means mid-September. But as we all know babies don't come when we plan so as Joyce and I talked we decided that surrender is the best think. Don't stress and be ready for mid-August. That is my plan to really start to SURRENDER!!! I better start praying that "Serenity Pray."

No comments: