July 21, 2010

Word of the Day: Balance


To BALANCE I must put things in priority putting the most important tasks first!

BALANCE is the word of the day because I am really trying to put balance in my life. How do we reach BALANCE? I as told by a WISE friend that we start to BALANCE our lives by making a list and putting those biggest pieces in first! For me the pieces start with God then family and then the rest of life falls in place from there. This is a challenge in many ways but for me it is necessary. The other part I have been told and was reminded about at the Evening of Recollection is that I need to start my day doing the things I dislike first. I need to sanctify those tasks, well I need to sanctify all tasks, but especially the tasks I dislike or the ones that are most challenging! Finally today at confession the priest, Fr. Joe and awesome Opus Dei priest, said I should make a list of four tasks. I must do these tasks first every morning. These tasks must be done before anything else that day. I also need to remember priorities in my Plan of Life . I realized I must work on being BALANCEd with baby #3 on the way and getting ready to homeschool Adriana coming up very quickly!! I still have a household to run and Our Lord to give my attention. If I leave Him behind I will lose site of my long term goal of Holiness.

Let me know if you have any other thoughts on how to live a BALANCEDd life!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a great idea to make a list of 4 tasks to complete first thing every morning. I'm going to try that! I find it so helpful when I limit computer time. I also find it helpful to get some sort of housework done in the morning before lunch. Then I feel like I've accomplished something for the day! Having 3 children now is really helping me prioritize things and become even more organized!

Chrissy said...

What a great idea to make a list of 4 tasks to complete first thing every morning. I'm going to try that! I find it so helpful when I limit computer time. I also find it helpful to get some sort of housework done in the morning before lunch. Then I feel like I've accomplished something for the day! Having 3 children now is really helping me prioritize things and become even more organized!