March 27, 2014

Funday Sunday!

{Pretty}


The scenery on our hike

Sundays are sometimes like lent in our house.  Daddy works six days a week and we have one day to reconnect.  By the end of day Sundays Daddy is thinking about work again.  This is not enough time to reconnect never mind get much of anything done. 
 
When we have a Funday Sunday I get so excited.

Tree Tapping

This Sunday was a Funday Sunday.  We enjoyed leaning about maple sugaring at Sweet Water Sugar in Royalston Massachusetts.  James learned that you can use a machine to make (well heat) the sap from the tree.  The sap becomes maple syrup.  Thomas learned you can make maple syrup jelly with the maple syrup.  Adriana learned that you can make maple syrup soda!  She also learned all the steps like tapping the trees and heating the sap until it gets to a certain temperature becoming maple syrup.
 
Can you see the long line coming down the hill into the giant barrel.
(double click the picture to enlarge) 
From tapping to outdoor storage.



Filtering all the bad stuff and dirt out. 

Then heating to 190* and pouring off

 
Finally the pour the filtered syrup into jugs, Yummy! 

Mama loved the whole process.  The farm had a whole line of trees tapped and a huge bucket out side of the shed coming into the shed to heat up.  Watching the whole process was awesome.   

 
{Happy}
 
Adriana's eyes are smiling!  
Tasting the maple syrup! oh-ya

After the maple sugaring we went to the Quabbin for a family hike.  We enjoy Sunday family hikes.  We hiked to a shore where James, Thomas and daddy climbed a dead tree and Adriana through rocks into the water while Mama took picture.


 





It was a beautiful day ended with dinner and a rosary. 

Does your family have any Funday Sunday traditions!
 
 
 
{Real}
James stepped into a puddle on our hike out of the Quabbin.  Their is something dramatic on every Funday trip. 
round button chicken

5 comments:

Claire said...

Looks like a great day! I really like the beach, driftwood pictures.

Adrianne said...

Thank you Claire, I love to take pictures and I am really picking it up again because two of my children also enjoy photography!

Erin said...

I love it how New Englanders aren't afraid of going on hikes in the cold. Near the water. We were hiking on ice, snow and mud that same day!

Adrianne said...

We love to hike and this, when it is not raining, is the best time of year to you hike (spring and fall!)

Campbell Nana said...

Myself and my husband had been trying to get pregnant for 18 months before I was referred to Priest Babaka fertility solution. We had no definite diagnosis of what was wrong and had become very frustrated. In November 2017 I was given a thorough reproductive health work up, I found out I had low progesterone, thyroid issues and a stomach issue which was affecting my ability to get pregnant. This was a very thorough process involving dietary, hormonal and physical investigations and started the recommended treatments in Feb 16 2018 by Priest Babaka. I was pregnant by April 17. I had a baby boy in march 2019. I was carefully monitored and Priest Babaka was always available for me. I can recommend Priest Babaka more highly so much so we are hoping to start trying for a second baby under his guidance. email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka