July 23, 2010

Word of the Day: Sanctify

The word of the day today is simply sanctify. It was hard to do but I spent the day off of Facebook and on the house hold jobs. I had to offer those moments for others and my family. My first struggle, besides not going on Facebook, was not getting really angry at my daughter for not just cleaning her room with out whining. Instead I went up and helped her clean. It often seems easier to yell and make her do with no help but really in the end it is more rewarding for me to just help her to do it. We not only get it done but it is done correctly. The hardest part of the day was getting the dinning room clean for my husband. Having the table set and ready or dinner by the time he got home. Doesn't that sound so simple but for me it is a struggle and doesn't always happen eve though it makes my husband happy. I was so tired by the time Adriana and I were finished with her room. It felt really good to finish clearing and setting the table for dinner and to use those tired moment to sanctify the job. I feel like I have purpose when I am able to focus on the task at hand and use them for other!!! Thank you Lord for the life you have blessed me with!!!

No comments: