July 21, 2010

Word of the Day: Holiness


I choose today as the Word of the Day because I was reminded that my goal in life is to live HOLINESS daily. I need to strive as the Saints to be HOLY!!! I remember the first time I realized this call to HOLINESS was when I was going to a young adult group with my favorite brother the Brotherhood of Hope. This is when I learned that I am to strive daily to be saintly. I fall so short but it is my goal. I know strive for holiness using my Plan of Life. Working on my plan of life and this months letter from Opus Dei prelate Bishop Javier Echevarría reminded me about the holiness I learned about from my old friends. Holiness is a very important goal for me and my family's lives!! I must use many tools God has given me daily to live HOLINESS. It also remindes me of a song from Sonic Flood:



 Sonicflood - Holiness lyrics

Holiness, holiness is what I long for
Holiness is what I need
Holiness, holiness is what You want from me
Holiness, holiness is what I long for
Holiness is what I need
Holiness, holiness is what You want from me

So, take my heart and form it
Take my mind and transform it
Take my will and conform it To Yours, to Yours, oh, Lord Faithfulness, faithfulness is what I long for Faithfulness is what I need Faithfulness, faithfulness is what You want from me
[Chorus]
[Chorus]
Brokenness, brokenness is what I long for Brokenness is what I need Brokenness, brokenness is what You want from me.



Lyrics Sonicflood lyrics - Holiness lyrics

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

This really hit me this week as well. I've been reading a book called "Great Wives and Mothers" on saints who have been wives and mothers. It hit me that it is not enough to just live a Catholic life, but that I need to strive to be a SAINT!