January 14, 2008

Nor'easter



Getting stuck at work is never fun.

I went to bed last night knowing it was supposed to snow. I was definitely hoping it would not snow (unlike the schoold children praying for snow) for two reasons. One, I was at work and if my clients don't go to their jobs or programs that means I have to stay until someone comes in to relieve me. Secondly, and more importantly because I had plans to go to a talk on organization - if you could see my office you would know I need this. Plus, I am also really excited to get together with the families in the community. Well when I woke up this morning (5:45 am) one of my co-workers was already outside shoveling snow, we must have had 3-4 inches by then. Boy did the snow put a damper on my plans. During the last storm I drove home from work only going 30-35 miles/hour on a major highway. I hated that drive so today I decided that it would be best to stay at work (get a little overtime) a wait out the snow. Plus I had Michael check my e-mail and the talk was rescheduled. It worked!! Four hours after my shift ended a regular schedule of staff came in and I went home. Roads were great. I would say we got a total of 12 inches in Worcester. It was coming down pretty fast for while. What a year for snow we almost hit the record in Dec 26.9 inches.

A tired and pregnant mama got home just in time to nap with my daughter.

A nor'easter (also northeaster; see below) is a macro-scale
storm along the East Coast of the United States. A nor'easter is so named because the winds in a nor'easter come from the northeast, especially in the coastal areas of the Northeastern United States and Atlantic Canada. More specifically, it describes a low pressure area whose center of rotation is just off the East Coast and whose leading winds in the left forward quadrant rotate onto land from the northeast.

No comments: