March 21, 2011

To Eat or Not to Eat

We decided to give Thomas his first solid foods today.

What did we feed him? We decided to give him a some chicken.
And why? According to the "Breastfeeding Answers Made Simple" book, by Nancy Mahrbacher, the first foods for babies are not meant for increase the babies caloric intake. Meat is a chosen as a first food for iron increase. We will also start in a few days with a veggie probably avocado. We do not do jarred foods just give our babies finger foods and they only eat as much as they can feed themselves. Another thing Nancy Mahrbacher recommends is babies 6 to 8 months only eat 2 to 3 meals a day slowly increasing 1 to 2 to 3 meals. I would say that Thomas barley got a 10th of a meal last night. Starting solids are so fun!!


My Food is in front of me but I really haven't noticed it yet!










My first bit
:)

Even after eating chicken I still love my fingers!

.

This video is 4 minutes with in the first 2 minutes you will see Thomas taking bits of his chicken.

Yummy!

Tongue and food together

Food Face

No comments: