April 15, 2008

Why Complain?

Sometimes I get really frustrated about things and just like to call the store to complain. Often times I just forget about it but now my daughter often reminds me now. I truly don't except anything expect and apology, which often times I don't even get. A few weeks ago, when I called Walmart, after my daughter reminded me, it was even more fruitful than an apology. I went to Walmart a few days after we got home from the hospital in preparation for Easter. While I was there I noticed one bag of jelly bean was opened. I put them back but when I got home I notice another bag was opened. It was anoying to me that two bags of jelly beans were open. When I called to compain the manager offer me some free products in the seasomal department the next time I came to the store. I made that visit today, I had to buy conditioner and it is was on sale at walmart. I got a cooler, 3 pair of sandles and freeze pops. Sometimes it pays to complain. Also, this fall I got a $20.00 gift card, A 5 lb bag of coffee, and a 16 oz hot cup from Dunkin' Donuts, because the women at the register was rude when I went in at 10 o'clock at night. I called the corporate office to complain. It doesn't happen often but I am a stickler about good customer service.
P.S. I do also call when someone goes above and beyond. Managers are surprised by that call. I went to Market Basket about 2 weeks ago and one of the bag boy, Danny was his name, saw that James was upset and helped me load my groceries onto the belt. After I paid he offered to help bring my groceries out to the car, then loaded my groceries into my car. When I got home I called Market Basket to thank them for Danny's help. They were surprised and said he was just doing his job. Have you ever had a bag boy load then store grocery belt, walk you to your car, and then load your groceries to you car? That was more than above and beyond.

No comments: