September 24, 2008

The Museum of Russian Icon


Michael's mother came to have her car fixed so we (the children and I) decided to take her out. We asked her if she would be interested in going to The Museum of Russian Icon. This museum is located down the street from us in Clinton, MA. Adriana got a little bored because it was a don't touch museum but Meimere and Mama loved the Icon's. The founder whom we met while visiting, started the collection on business trip to Russia. Can you believe he only spent $20 on his first Icon. I can't wait to go back to enjoy it without Adriana. If you live in the area I higly recomend visting. You can get in free if your library has a pass and children under 16 are always free. Below are a few of the icons.
For some reason I love this Icon of St. John the Baptist. I think it portrays John the Baptist as I picture him. Not so beautiful but a rugged man.
This one of the many calander or Saints the day. You can't really tell but their are so many saints depicted.
This is one of the many Icons of Our Lady.

No comments: